Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Your Turnaround Time for Developing Super-8 Film..

  1. #31
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chas_ucla:
    It only takes 20 minutes to dry?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Yes. This caught my eye, as well. I've processed a lot of still film and, even using a drying cabinet, it took longer than 20 minutes! 50 feet of film in 20 minutes? I think the processing would take longer than that.

    Hmmmmmm.....

    Roger

    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  2. #32
    Mercutio
    Guest Mercutio's Avatar

    Post

    I use an industrial strength photo drying booth and pretty much crank it. This doesn't seem to hurt the film, but I am pretty sure that the emulsion is still pasty when I project it. God I should be more patient. Its all a mess anyhow.

    Mercutio

    Jeez, you guys don't miss anything.

    ------------------

  3. #33
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    I thought maybe you had some special technique! ;]

    Yeah, I remember printing and processing still film and the waiting time was always the worst...

    so your film is ruined now?

    ------------------

  4. #34
    Mercutio
    Guest Mercutio's Avatar

    Post

    Chas;

    Was the film ruined? Who the hell can tell. I generally handprocess to get cool effects; sprockets running amuck, solarization, and other artifacts of the process, but its generally a bit murky since I don't have a processing tank, but just kind of stuff them into the same canisters for the still film. One thing I have noticed though is that if I hand process film that is ill-exposed or out of focus, hand processing seems to exacberate those conditions.
    did I just state the obvious?

    But your query did make me think about what I was doing-so hastily. Yet, sometimes these mistakes and shortcuts lead to interesting results, i.e. a film I hand tinted in a tub that had LOTS of leftover emulsion from someone who tinted a bunch of rolls - and much of that emulsion stuck to my film, with a very striking look, alas, never to be replicated.

    ------------------

  5. #35
    Mercutio
    Guest Mercutio's Avatar

    Post

    Chas;

    Was the film ruined? Who the hell can tell. I generally handprocess to get cool effects; sprockets running amuck, solarization, and other artifacts of the process, but its generally a bit murky since I don't have a processing tank, but just kind of stuff them into the same canisters for the still film. One thing I have noticed though is that if I hand process film that is ill-exposed or out of focus, hand processing seems to exacberate those conditions.
    did I just state the obvious?

    But your query did make me think about what I was doing-so hastily. Yet, sometimes these mistakes and shortcuts lead to interesting results, i.e. a film I hand tinted in a tub that had LOTS of leftover emulsion from someone who tinted a bunch of rolls - and much of that emulsion stuck to my film, with a very striking look, alas, never to be replicated.

    ------------------

  6. #36
    tespo
    Guest tespo's Avatar

    Post

    Hello all. Does Walmart process Ektachrome super 8 film? What are the advantages of using Kodachrome instead of Ektachrome?
    Thanks in advance for the answers.
    Tony Esposito

    ------------------

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •